Happy First Day of Spring Everyone! Here is a recap from last weekend’s BMO St. Patrick’s Day 5k.
VANCOUVER, BC (March 14, 2015) - The 10th annual BMO St. Patrick’s Day 5K was a great success! Thank you to all the runners, volunteers and sponsors who made it happen! Despite the torrential rain that pummeled Vancouver in the early morning, a little “Luck of the Irish” and the skies cleared up shortly before the race started!
Once again, there were fast times at the 2015 BMO St. Patrick’s Day 5k! The overall winners were Vancouver’s Kelly Wiebe (14:27) and Rachel Cliff (16:15). Cliff also broke her course record from 2014 to take home the Saucony course record cash bonus. The top-three overall, who received cash prizing from BMO Bank of Montreal, were rounded out by Luc Bruchet (14:35) and the 2014 winner and course record holder Geoff Martinson (14:39), Dayna Pidhoresky (16:37) finished the race in second place for the women, while Erin Burrett (16:58) of Nanaimo was third.
|Kelly Wiebe (14:27) – Male Winner
2015 BMO St. Patrick’s Day 5k
|Rachel Cliff (16:15) – Female Winner
2015 BMO St. Patrick’s Day 5k
Click here for full race results from Startline timing and don’t forget to claim your finishers certificate by clicking on the orange certificate icon beside your name.
Come for the Race…Stay for the Party…
It wasn’t all about fast times as the bulk of the race consisted of hundreds of runners and walkers dressed in green with some great costumes. All there to not only take part in the Granville Island Brewing #GIB After Party but also raising funds for the Canadian Diabetes Association (CDA). Thank you to everyone who the went the extra step to raise additional funds for the CDA! If you would like to make a donation, you can still donate online.
Also, thank you to the Stanley Park Ecological Society for holding the bag check.
Thanks to Chef Ryan and the rest of the Urban Fare team for providing Irish stew in the Urban Fare Victory Zone along with KIND bars, coconut water, Terra Breads, cupcakes from the original CUPCAKES on Denman, chips from OLD DUTCH, STARBUCKS coffee and other treats.
With the now famous After Party stretching into the late afternoon, the 2015 St Patrick’s Day 5k could be consider no less than a complete success!
A thank you to all our sponsors and a BIG thank you to all the amazing volunteers, without them, the race would not be possible.
Check out the 2015 Photo Galleries
|Photo Gallery by Sandra Leung||Photo Gallery by William Jans||Mile Photos by Denise Relke||Finishing Photos by Denise Relke||Award Photos by Denise Relke|
Good luck to everyone running the #Modo8k tomorrow, race #3 in the Lower Mainland Road Race Series. Looks like it will be perfect running conditions.
Check out these recommended races:
BMO Sunshine Coast April Fool’s Run - April 12, 2015
Shoppers Drug Mart Run for Women - Saturday, May 9, 2015
OASIS Shaughnessy 8K - May 24, 2015
Run Canada Day 10K, 5K and 1K Kids Run - July 1, 2015
Night Race Vancouver - September 25, 2015
- NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
- Race Day Package Pickup – ONLY from 8:00 to 9:00 am inside the Stanley Park Pavilion. Race
- Start time – Please note the start time of 9:30 am SHARP for race morning on Saturday, March 14, 2015. The road will be closed so don’t arrive late or you won’t be able to start the race.
- T-shirts – Are not included with your race entry. They were for sale as a pre-order online as an additional cost.
- Beer Glass – Cross the finish line and get your race bib check off and receive your 2015 souvenir GIB beer glass.
- Race Course - For the second year, the BMO St. Patrick’s Day 5k is on the road! The race will kick-off at 9:30 am starting on Pipeline road and head south following our Maserati Pace Car and continue a scenic 5k loop around Stanley Park and finish at the Stanley Park Pavilion. NOTES: Access to Pipeline road will close at 9:00 am. The course will be run on Pipeline Rd, Stanley Park Drive and Pipeline Road Extension with closures from 9:30 to 10:30.
- Bag Check: Is being put on by a team from the Stanley Park Ecological Society and will be by donation. They are also providing some prizes with bag check.
- Parking: Parking is limited so please try to take transit where possible.
- Safety: For safety purposes, participants with walking poles, strollers or baby joggers MUST start at the back of the pack and must walk the route.
For more Race Day details, please click here.